Friday, May 05, 2006

Not doily, but ......

... a crocheted edging turned jewellery set.


Last year, I learned to crochet from my sis-in-law, my 1st project WAS a doily but I've tossed it away. It was about 2.5" in diameter already but I didn't like the way it looks. I didn't try to crochet again. Recently, after sending a dozen of cross stitched pieces to the framer, I decided to take a break from stitching. Then started a simple crochet project, scallop edging, merely for learning process. I like it very much coz it is easy for a beginner like me. I had nothing in mind for finishing-off ideas, then suddenly ... jewellery set !

This ring & bracelet set will go to Angely, our neighbour's 9-year old daughter. We are neighbours twice. First time was years ago when DH & I were newly-weds. Angely sometimes came to our house and chatted with me. She is such a sweet lil' gal. Few years later, DH & I came to Miri. And last November, Angely's family moved back here, their house is 2 rows away (rows of houses).

I started another crochet project - brim hat. But ...


I miscalculated some stitches, it was way too small for a brim hat even for baby Alya, who is now 5-month old. Initially, I wanted to make it into a small sling bag and suddenly a 'basket' idea came out. Was meant to use it for flower arrangement but darling Hanie loves it very much. She is now the proud owner of this little basket.

Progress report on other projects :
I've not been stitching for quite some time now. Anyway, I have finished my ED's For a Friend project about 2 weeks ago. Will upload a pic later.

7 comments:

Lillie said...

That's the beauty of crochet isn't it?
U can never go wrong, there's always ways to make something out of it unlike xs. Congrats Cheeze!

Gina E. said...

Hi Zalita,
Not like you to leave your blog for so long - hope everything is okay over there with your Little Princesses? Did you receive the stamps I sent you?

Dilip Mutum said...

Hi Ita. Looking forward to your updates or are you still in KL.

Anonymous said...

It's the first time that I come on your blog.All your embroideries are splendid!!I'll come again

Concetta said...

Your projects are SO beautiful. I'm so happy I found your blog today, I will be back often for sure. :)

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Zalita, it has been such a long time without news... I hope all is well. Take care!

Kitty Couture said...

Wow Zalita, it's been so long since I've heard of you!! I miss you and am really worried now... Hope all is well with you and your family!