Friday, November 04, 2005

Our Anniversary

Today is our 4th anniversary. Instead of going out, my hubby and I spent the time at home with our kids and cooked his favourite meal.

For this year's memento, I stitched a mini banner. The pattern is simple yet attractive, which caught my eyes when I was browsing some French stitchers blogs (who blogs in French) last time. Eventhough there is only a French word or two that I barely know, I guess the language of needlecraft is universal (plus with the help of Google translator of course *wink*). Then I came across with BlueTurtle's freebie pattern '9 de coeur' (the 9 hearts). You can click here for the link. There some other nice freebie patterns as well.

'9 de coeur' - I stitched on 28ct linen using Dip&Twist overdyed flosses by Needle Odyssey and embellished with some red seed beads. I personalised it with our (my hubby and I) initials and wedding date.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, your embroidery is superb and I am happy to be associated your anniversary of marriage. So long

Gina E. said...

Happy Anniversary, Zalita! That is such a pretty memento for you both. I did a sampler for our 25th anniversary last year, and put the finishing touches to it the night before. I had kept it out of Ken's sight right up until then and the next day when I presented it to him, the first thing he said was "that's nice. Did you do it?" I said "Oh no - the dog did! Of course I stitched it!" Men...

Kitty Couture said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! You made such a beautiful banner! The fabric and fibers you used are gorgeous. I went to check out the original pattern and you did a wonderful personalization of it.

Most important: Happy Anniversary Zalita and congratulations!

Ulla said...

Happy Anniversary

Ulla who has been married for 26 years

Lelia said...

Happy Anniversary! Lovely banner keepsake for your special day.

: ) Enjoy the week-end

z_mnor said...

Blue Turtle - thanks to you too for sharing a nice pattern with us.

Gina - thank you from both of us. Wow ! you've been together for a long time and I believe from the pic you posted on your blog, the spark & magic that have been created when you two fall in love are still there. So sweet...!

Isabelle - thank you from us :)

Ulla - thanks! You just like Gina - been together for 26 years. Ooohh how lovely!

Lelia - thank you. Have a nice weekend to you too :)

Jack Golf Addix said...

peeee rahhhh. macam dia tu hensem sgt. apa ingat GA ni tak hensem ke , he he he. aiyo yo , today play golf aaa.. so many strokes wooh.

nurul @ myra said...

Happy Anniversary kak cheezey...*muackz*

ohh...n selamat hari raya aidilfitri n maaf zahir dan batin *wink*

toughcookie said...

Happy anniversary and congratulations.

Sasha Farina said...

thats so sweet cheez. now i feel likt stitching it :D

z_mnor said...

AJ - thanks, but the cannot be hensem like you laaa, kena hensem like GA, if not GA kata "penat2 aje..." *LOL*

Myra - thanks and selamat hari raya to u too!

TC - thank you !

Harsha - thanks! don't forget to show us your version, k!