Thursday, November 09, 2006

Stitching Bloggers' Questions


How many different brands of “complete” embroidery floss sets do you own? How do you keep track of it? (i.e., spread sheet program, index cards, palm pilot, etc.)

None of them are complete. I only have almost complete DMC set. My Anchor collection consists not more than 50. And overdyeds collection is variety - handful of Six Strands Sweet, several GAST, WDW, NN, Crescent Colours & some silks.

I printed out several copies of a DMC embroidery flosses list (from DMC official website). One copy I used as my shopping list and the rest I sticked unto the flosses boxes for easy reference.

Since my Anchor flosses are used for stitching certain charts only e.g. Forever Friends bear, Newton's and Wordsworth; I usually kit them up together with other stitching stuff (fabric, needle & chart). And I have only one flosses box to store them after I finish stitching. The same goes to my overdyeds collection.



How did you decide on the title of your stitching blog? Was it random, or does it have a special meaning to you or about you?

Lil' Honey Collection is decided way before I jumped on the blogging bandwagon. I started needlecrafting in January 2002 and not long after that, I was pregnant with Hanie (my eldest darling princess) developed more & more interests in needlecraft. Since then I've been actively sewing & stitching during my leisure time. Hanie, her name is pronounced as 'honey'. I love to call my finishes , the 'Lil' Honey Collection' as my earlier needlecraft projects were always been inspired by her.

When I wanted to start blogging, I simply put '
Lil' Honey Collection' as the title of my blog. And I always get a pat on the back from Hanie every time she sees my finishes. She would say something like "It's beautiful, mom", "I like it!", "Wow!", "Good job, mom" etc

2 comments:

Alberta said...

Just happened to stop by...love your blog and your energy! 8 projects on the go at the same time! I have a hard time with 1 and the daily chores! Would love to see some photos of your sewing caddy!

z_mnor said...

Thank you for stopping by. I prefer stitching rotation than stitching one piece at one time. I could get bored quite easily when stitching a single project at a time and eventually the piece would become a UFO *LOL*

will upload the photos of sewing caddy after it finally reaches its recipient.