Monday, September 24, 2007

My 1st Foundation Pieced !

I went to ' Foundation Piecing/Paper Piecing' lesson on Saturday. I chose to bring own patterns for the class. i downloaded this 'Golf' pattern from one of the websites. I forgot which site, will update on the name/link later.

Block size - 8" X 8". It took me 3 hours to piece them up. Phewww! I'm glad that I made a decision to go to the class instead of self-taught. If you might noticed, the golf club is a bit dented. Nooo, the pattern is perfecto!!! it was me who didn't press the pieces well enough before sewing them up.

Straight after the class, I sat down and finished the block into a cushion cover as per requested by my darling hubby. I personalized it by hand-stitching his blog's name. I did stitch in the ditch quilting on the outline of golf ball & club and stipple quilting on the background , unfortunately you couldn't see it clearly in the picture.

There are 4 remaining lessons to complete. For the upcoming lesson, I have chose the 'Ladybug' pattern.

No comments: