Wednesday, April 18, 2007

LHN/CCN International Mail Art

This mail art exchange organized by Rachel in Pennsylvania is one of Little House Needleworks/Country Cottage Needleworks Yahoo Group's 2007 activities. We were partnered with stitching friends abroad and required to stitch any LHN or CCN patterns on the mail art.

I stitched
LHN's "Star Light, Star Bright" on 32ct lugana for Rachel. Lined the mail art with 'golden stars on navy' cotton print. I used the black velcro strip for the closure and embellished with some little star buttons on the flap.

I put a sticker (
on the lower part on the back of mail art)- picture of traditional dancers and people in traditional costumes. The sticker is actually part of 'Visit Malaysia Year 2007' miniature stamp sheet. You could see the stamp on the front part of mail art - the one with a picture of Petronas Twin Towers and building in Putrajaya .

close up on Star Light, Star Bright

5 comments:

Lillie said...

Beautiful, wish it was mine..hehehe

z_mnor said...

Lillie,
Thank you!And I simply love both MAs (Around the World theme and Spring/Friendship theme) that you sent to Dawn *wink*

Rachel V said...

Hi Zalita, your mail art from me will be coming your way shortly! Once again you did a lovely job on mine and I just loved receiving it. Thank you, thank you! I am putting up my own blog post tonight.
love from Pennsylvania USA,

Rachel

z_mnor said...

Rachel dear
I'm looking forward to receiving it. Thank you for the compliment. Mail Art is simply fun!

Lelia said...

I have enjoyed your blog & esp your posts/pictures of the awesome mail art projects.

enjoy the day