Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Stitching Blogger's (s') Question(s) of the Week(s)


What cross-stitch magazines or other publications (as opposed to blogs) do you read on a regular basis? What do you like about them? What do you not like? What would your perfect publication include?


I read/purchase several craft magazines monthly and The World of Cross Stitching (WOCS) is the XS magazine that I buy on regular basis. I wouldn't say it is perfect but WOCS is just what I look in a XS magazine - contains small, medium & large charts, tips and nice freebies. My intrepretation of perfect publication might not be a perfect one for others as my personal preference would include charts that I'd like to stitch for my kids (e.g. Pooh, Barney, Elmo & Mickey), charts for my hubby - golf and stuff, specialty stitches charts, insects & garden charts especially the buzzing bees and nice freebies e.g. coaster, fridgie, mini frame, buttons & etc

I recently started to purchase Papercraft Inspirations magazine. I can say this the perfect papercraft magazine for me. I like everything that comes with it - projects, tips, ideas, gallery and freebies


Do you have an organizational system for your patterns? If so, how do you organize them? If not, have you considered organizing them?


Yes, I do have an organizational system eventhough it is not as organized as it should be Basically, I have 5 differents folders namely - regular XS, specialty stitches, freebies, magazines (charts) and the last one is for my WIP. I don't separate them by 'designers' as I don't really have a very large collection.

No comments: