Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I did it !

I have been spending several days on stitching a hardanger project as well as taking the 'step-by-step' pics of the project. I am glad with the result.


Heart Sweet Bag ~ pattern from The victoria Sampler website

Hardanger - its name may give us an impression of the hardest embroidery to do (or maybe a little bit dangerous kind LOL!) . NO...... , we are wrong to think that way! Hardanger is one of the interesting embroideries I ever I stitched. A sachet is my first hardanger project and I got the freebie pattern(Heart Sweet Bag) from Victoria Sampler website. I started with the hardanger part - kloster blocks, eyelet, weaving etc etc etc from the middle of the fabric (28ct cashel linen). And it didn't take much time to do. This is far than what I was expecting. Then, I did the embellishment part - some backstitches, lazy daisy stitch and beads, followed by the finishing part ~ to make the stitched piece into a sachet. The finishing part was trickiest part (at least to me) but the instructions were easy to follow hence easy to do, even for a beginner like me.


my 1st hardanger project

The only reason why I took several days to finish this hardanger project was because of I alternately stitching my XS bellpull project which is now 60% complete.

Anyway, I can assure you this : Next time, when you see the word "hardanger" , don't panic *wink* because you will see nothing but the beauty. Looks can be deceiving but I was 'deceived' by a name hik hik hik hik

7 comments:

Dilip Mutum said...

Looking forward to more pics of your projects. BTW, did you get the reply from google Adsense.

Kitty Couture said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! You do great stitching! I'm adding your blog to my links :) I'll enjoy checking in :)

z_mnor said...

Adam, yes I have received the reply. thanks!

z_mnor said...

Isabelle, Thank you. I have added your blog to "Blogs I read" *wink*

JariJari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JariJari said...

Congratulations, Cheeze! I bet you were walking on the clouds when you've successfully completed yr 1st ever hardanger project. It's really a pretty piece. Good job!

z_mnor said...

thank you N.O. (Niza&Leena)! Both of you are my mentors : )