Saturday, January 13, 2007

5 Mini Challenge 2006 - part 1

I signed up for this challenge last November and was supposed to share pictures of finishes on 1st January 2007. But I was just too lazy to download the photos from the camera and to do edit the photos.

5 Mini Challenge 2006 participants were required to do 5 (or more) items not larger than 5 X 5 inches. We could stitch or sew or quilt or crochet or tat or any needlecraft that we knew.

Well, as some of you might have noticed that I started to crochet sometime in May. I tried my hands at crocheting mini projects for the 5 Mini Challenge. Surprisingly, they turned out OK (at least to my eyes *LOL).

I crocheted pentagon mini doily using white Anchor and variegated Floretta No. 10 yarns. The diameter including the lacy edging is approximately 5 inches. The pattern is from Japanese crochet book. I personally prefer diagram pattern than the written ones. And Japanese crochet books full of diagram patterns.

However, I found that there are a lot of nice freebies on the net are written patterns. I made an attempt to learn to 'read' them and successfully crocheted 2 items including the crocheted teacup for 5 Mini Challenge. I used Anchor No. 10. You can find the teacup pattern here It is pretty quick to do. I embellished the cup with lazy daisy stitches, put some poly-pellets inside and covered with felt, before brushing some PVA glue to the entire surface of teacup. The glue application made the cup sturdy.

Another 3 minis are cross stitch and sewing projects. Will upload the pics later.

3 comments:

Lillie said...

Wow! Cheeze, pantagon is not an easy task, but you did well, congrads, love the colors.

Dilip Mutum said...

Hi Ita. Tagging you with the '6 weird things about you’ meme.

Write a post stating 6 weird things about yourself as well as the rule clearly. In the end, you need to tag 6 people.

z_mnor said...

Lillie Thank you! It was a bit tricky at first. Would love to crochet another colourway.


Adam I'm not a weirdo, just a little bit extraordinaire *LOL*