Sunday, August 21, 2005

Back to Stitching ...! (part II)

My stitching friend, Azie and I decided to go for another one-evening Lizzie Kate SAL after finishing the L*K Snug as a Bug.


L*K Snug as a Bug

Snug as a Bug ~ a total colour conversion stitched on rustico aida. I added the border since I'm planning to finish it off as a cushion cover. See the matching floral print cotton *wink*. Embellished with a ladybug button. I'm running out of stock now! Need to buy extra ladybug buttons next time since I love them as embellishments very much.

As for the other one-evening SAL, I particularly chose L*K Reach for the Stars (a.k.a Believe Imagine Dream) coz I'm a dreamer *wink*. Yes, I do have a dream and hoping that one day it will become a reality (I'm working on it).


L*K Reach for the Stars

Stitching on black aida in the evening was a challenge. Furthermore, I used the glo-in-the dark blending filament when stitching the stars, 'believe' & 'dream'. I was supposed to stitch 'imagine' with the blending as well but somehow I forgot about it. Being lazy to do the frogging , I just let it be.

Azie stitched both L*K Snug as a Bug and Reach for the Stars according to her preference. You may visit her webshots album to see her works. She took the pics before embellish the stitched pieces with buttons as she was using a scanner to capture the pics. Azie will upload more pics of the stitched pieces with embelishments later.

9 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

All three are so cute! Great way to get off that stitching swamp indeed!
Well done to you and Azie.

Katrina said...

cute Lizzie Kate's - I love their freebies!

z_mnor said...

thank you Isabelle

indeed, these SALs really made me in the stitching mood again :)

z_mnor said...

Katrina

I love their freebies too !

Anonymous said...

Peace...

Sasha Farina said...

cute cute cute!! Well done to you both!

z_mnor said...

Thank you sha :)

Gina E. said...

Sheesh, don't you hate these blog spammers...I have seen them popping up all over the place lately. Anyway, I love your little sayings, especially Snug As A Bug. When I was a little girl, Dad would tuck me into my bed and say "there you are dear, as snug as a bug in a rug". I would love to stitch this one!

z_mnor said...

Gina

You're right, these blog spammers are flooding the blogs of everyone that I knew.

'Snug as a bug in a rug' - this is a very nice saying. Cute! :)