Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Stitching Blogger's Question

What is your most unique/interesting stitching quirk? (This could be something concerning the way you stitch, how you organize your stash, etc.)

This is such an interesting question :) I remembered when I told my stitching friends that normally during my 1st & 3rd trimester of pregnancies I will become less productive in needlework, some of them asked me why. They said stitching is supposed to help us to minimise the stress. And couldn't anwer them coz I didn't really know the reason why I will become less productive during those periods. Anyway, there are few of my friends experienced the same thing during their pregnancies.

Recently when I took an online survey regarding needlework, I realised why I experience this kind of situation. I actually regard needlework more likely as a way of expressing the creativity & artistic in me rather than a way of minimising my stress/dealing with mood swings. In another word, when there are too many things bogged my mind, I would 'leave' my needlework projects for another option such as listening to music, web browsing, window shopping and etc. This also explains why at times I stitch/embroider/sew more than usual e.g. several projects done in a week. My stitching time is quite volatile, I have nothing like 'regular daily/weekend stitching time'. It actually depends on my mood. So, it is nothing peculiar that I stitch less during pregnancies since the mood is like roller-coaster. Yeahhh, I found the reason is a bit amusing but I guess, everyone has a different stitching quirk.

No comments: