Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Birthday Gift For Niza

As promised, I'm going to share the pictures of my birthday gifts to September birthday gals (who participated in MYS BDE 2005). Niza had opened the package which has arrived on her birthday - 10th September. And the other gal is still waiting for the perfect time & day to open her package *wink*

Was inspired after reading the needlebook tutorial in San's blog (thank you San), I stitched a needlebook for Niza with some modifications/additions - a simple birthday card later functions as a needlebook (A is for Aniza)


It is as simple as it looks. All you need is to stitch a needlebook according to your preference (you may refer to San's needlebook tutorial - very clearly explained plus pics)


And
a 4-fold card blank with the right size aperture - the size is approx. the size of stitched area on the needlebook. (and follow the simple instructions in the picture below)


Lastly, simply put the needlebook in the card blank, slip the ribbons through the slits and fold it as a greetings card. Now you have a simple greetings card-cum-needlebook for your stitching friend. Well, it is merely a different way of presenting the needlebook to your friend. I'm sure, there is lots of other ideas in your mind, please share with us :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very creative indeed Zalita. Aniza would be happy to receive her 2 in 1 gifts.

Kitty Couture said...

Oh Zalita, that is so clever! I bet Aniza loved it!

Anonymous said...

great idea ! I've put a link to this post on the needlecase tutorial. I think I might do it as well as a gift sometime...

z_mnor said...

thank you Zohrah :)

z_mnor said...

Isabelle, thank you.

Niza told me that, coincidentally she was thinking of needlebook to store her needles. I'm glad that I stitched one for her.

z_mnor said...

thank you San.

I enjoy reading your tutorials, it gives me some needlework inspirations :)

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea and beautiful finish of the needlebook. Ann.

Anonymous said...

wey hey hey....needlework huh? I'm impressed!! Excellent! Are you coming back here in December fo my wedding?

z_mnor said...

Thank you Ann :)

z_mnor said...

Hardy,
in December I will still in the confinement period laaa. Well, Congratulations on your engagement, do post some pics on your blog. Would love to see them

Lelia said...

Such an excellent idea -- Wonderful job on the needlebook AND the card!

z_mnor said...

Thank you Lelia : )

JariJari said...


Dear Cheez,
I truly love my BD gift and I'm using it right away!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the brilliant idea of having a great presentation of a needlework accessory. I'm lucky!