Friday, September 30, 2005

Breast Cancer Awareness

October is International Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast Cancer Awareness campaigns and programmes have been launched by Governement and NGOs throughout the country.

In Malaysia, Breast Cancer is the top cancer in women, thus women's no.1 killer. The campaigns & programmes are to raise the awareness on
breast cancer screening and early detection since the consequences of breast cancer can be significantly improved if the disease could be detected at an early stage when effective treatment can be conducted.

Our Prime Minister's wife, Datin Paduka Seri Endon, puts tremendous efforts in the campaigns of fighting the disease. She shares her own experience with other women and spends time for voluntary work in support of breast cancer patients despite her hectic schedule.

In conjuction with the campaign, I stitched a Pink Ribbon applique' . I got the free pattern from Angie's Bits n Pieces - quilting website ( it is actually a ribbon template for Leukemia Awareness campaign in September). I embellished the pink ribbon applique' with the golden yellow heart applique' and satin roses.

** There will be temporarily no postings from me coz I'll be in Kuala Lumpur early October visiting my families and hoping that will get the opportunities for some stash shoppings *wink* . Happy Stitching & Happy Blogging to everyone.

4 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

You did such a great job on that ribbon!
Have a nice and safe trip!

Danielle said...

Your applique is gorgeous!! Have fun with your family!!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help looking at the purse and thank you for the French website. I've make one last night. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Zalita, the previous comment was meant to be on Isabelle's site...yikes.. I've make a boo-boo. :)

I like your new colours. Spring feeling.