Friday, September 30, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Stitching Blogger's Question

Have you ever just quit a project while in the midst of it? (We’re not referring to UFOs here, rather projects that you know that you’ll never work on again.) Why? What did you do with it - throw it out, give it away, put it away?

Yes, I had experienced twice . 1st piece is a free-style embroidery table cloth I started in my teenage years. The reason I stop was I've always deter satin stitches embroidery and the pattern requires satin stitches. Initially, I thought that I could overcome the problem but... hmmm. I still keep the piece in my stash cabinet though *wink*. As a reminder, perhaps. 2nd piece is my 1st XS kit. At time of purchase, I wasn't really into XS and I was sort of 'influenced' by my sis-in-law. There is no DMC flosses in the kit, instead the pattern calls for a different type of flosses (not 6 strands flosses or perle cotton). And being a non-experienced stitcher, I can tell you that it is my worst stitching ever *LOL* . Halfway thru' , I gave up but still keep the piece in my stash cabinet. Another reminder, perhaps *wink*

No comments: